Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ok, so all those last posts are very old by now. This is my first new one.

So, World Changers, Missions, Summer, Houston, Friends...haveing no idea what is going to happen.

That is my life right now, mix in school and work, and we are good to go. This has been the story of my life this semester, having no idea what this summer will hold, and trusting God to put me where he wants. Im at the point where Im not worrying anymore because whatever happens, im excited, and I know its where God wants me.

It all started after my summer in houston. Talking with friends, i started to realize that Houston has become a comfort zone for me, my friend Chris has done World Changers staff that same summer, and it was a huge growing expereince for him. So, taking advice, i applied for World Changers and got my application in Nov 1 when it was due. Then the waiting started. It was sometime in Dec that i finally got a call from David Scott wanting to do an interview with me. So, literally 30 seconds after i woke up, i was in an interview that would decide my summer. =) Well after that i got down to waiting again. Finally i got an email from Brian Liard, telling me to wait some more. Then I got a call about 2 weeks ago telling me to wait some more. Well, I finally got another email from Brian, he told us that they are selecting on February 25-26. So, i am looking foward to those dates to find out what i am doing for the summer.

Ok, so a little background to put what i just typed into perspective... (Haha "I want a little....Perspective" from Ratatouille) So, summer 2008 was the best summer of my life, and i made the best friends I could possible have. I miss them all so much it drives me crazy everyonce in a while. So, then i met my amiga Amber in October, and things changed. From the get go, i told her about missions, and since she wanted to do something for the summer i told her about Sojourners. Well, ok how should i put this...I really wanted to go to houston, but i knew that God might be calling me to World Changers, but i will not know for sure till a few more weeks. So, then Amber applied for sojourners, but for complicated reasons they didnt accept her. Well, the thing is that she really wants to server God this summer in some way and she feels God is calling her to do that. So, here is the deal, If i go to World Changers, I grow and mature big time, it will be the most challenging thing that i probably will have done in my whole life. Yet, if i dont get accepted to World Changers, than I feel called back to houston, my old friends will be coming back, and i love the kids, the weather, the people I work with and the people I server. I Love houston so much, its literally my home away from home. So, I would try to go there if i didint get accepted by world changers. AND, if i go there, I will try to drag my amiga Amber along too, because of some complicated reasons. Wow, this is so confusing to say....it just clouds my mind, and its so hard to put it into words. Its a jjumbled mess, and jotting it down is proving harder than i thought, i mean, keeping it in my mind and organizing it in there is hard enough. So if you have questions, about my life right now, feel free to ask....this is all a jumble, and doenst make sense...but its down..

1 comment:

  1. Haha "I want a little....Perspective"!!
    Well, the reason I can't go isn't *that complicated, but oh well... I do intend on fixing that soon... Just gotta go to church one of these days and talk to my pastor!! haha
    It sounds so nice how you said,"Drag my Amiga"!!!
    Well, I'm sure everything will work out just how it's supposed to... We just have to be open to all possibilities!!! =D

    ReplyDelete